Baking for our Cake Stall
- at the tuckshop during tuckshop times
- Friday 17th May
- Wednesday 22nd May
- Friday 24th May
- at the tuckshop on Friday May 24TH
- from 8am – 9am
- and 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- from Kidzone anytime from Friday May 17TH until Friday May 24th
Dropping off your baking
- at the tuckshop on Friday May 24th from 8am – 9am and 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- at the tuckshop on Saturday 25TH from 11am – 3pm
Thanks in sweet anticipation,
Emily Logan and Carina Capra (2K) and Vanessa Cattermole-Terzic (4C)
Or download the cake stall recipes as a PDF
M and M cookies
1 ½ cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter softened
½ cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and both sugars for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl down as needed. On low speed, add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in M&Ms – add about ¾ to the batter, then press the rest of top before baking.
- Scoop balls of dough, between 1 and 2 tablespoon size. Drop dough onto prepared baking sheets leaving space for spreading. Using the remaining M&Ms, press a few into the mound of dough. Keep in mind the dough will spread when baking so be generous with the M&Ms.
- Bake for 8 – 11 minutes until the edges of the cookies are set but the centre is still slightly soft. If you want at crispier cookie, bake for another minute or two.
- Place the baking sheets on wire racks to cool completely.
5 minute Oreo fudge
137g pack of Oreos
500g white chocolate
395g sweetened condensed milk
- Grease and line a 20cm baking tin with baking paper, set aside.
- Roughly chop the Oreo biscuits and set aside.
- Place the white chocolate (broken into pieces) and the condensed milk in a microwave proof bowl and melt on 50% power in 30 second spurts until melted and slightly thickened (approximately 3-4 minutes).
- Stir through the chopped oreos (reserving a few for decorating).
- Quickly pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread out with a spoon. Sprinkle over the remaining Oreos to decorate.
- Place into the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
Cherry Ripe balls
6 x 52g cherry ripe bars
395g tin of condensed milk
1 pack of arrowroot biscuits
2 tablespoons cocoa
Dessicated coconut for rolling
- Place the cherry ripe bars, biscuits and cocoa in a food processor and blend. (I do each separately so I don’t blow up the machine, and then mix!)
- Add the condensed milk, mix well and roll into balls. Cover in coconut.
- Allow to set in the fridge.
¾ cup caster sugar
125g butter, softened
½ cup Milo
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line two flat baking trays with baking paper. Set aside.
- Cream the caster sugar and butter until pale.
- Add the egg and beat to combine.
- Add the milo and self-raising flour and mix to combine.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and place onto prepared trays (leaving a gap to allow for spreading). Press the balls down slightly.